Monday, January 19, 2009

New space for what's important...

Yesterday I emptied out a shelf of teaching materials to make room for my jewelery supplies. It felt so liberating. I've been teaching English as a Foreign Language for nearly ten years now. For a long time I found it really satisfying and fun, but for the past three years or so I've gotten really burned out. Always the same mistakes, always the same uptight, anal attitudes (Northern Germans are NOT very easy to teach, especially for someone from laid back California!!!) Cleaning out a shelf for my supplies was like a breath of fresh air, a statement that I am going in another direction more and more. Now I just need to empty out another shelf for my sewing supplies (all jumbled in a bag behind the bedroom door now) and another for writing notes and the transformation will be more and more complete. Believe and it will happen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
As Seen on DelightfulBlogs.com