Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Heart For The Little People


Maybe it was the dollhouse my father made for my sister and I when we were quite young, a house he made, interestingly enough, in the traditional German Fachwerk style. Maybe it is because of the heart-felt longing I had as a child to find the little people (gnomes, fairies, brownies and so forth.) Whatever the reason, I have always had a soft spot for everything dollhouse sized.

Imagine how pleased I was when I found this vintage 1960s dollhouse furniture recently, a sideboard and a highboard. Since I don't really have a use for dollhouse furniture right now (but when I'm an old lady, I'm so going hog wild!) I'm offering it for sale at my etsy shop. Then again, in some ways that's exactly what my shop is about: a sort of rescue center for kitsch and vintage treasures that I find amazing but have no use for myself. I keep a roof over their head and keep them safe until I'm able to find a new home for them.

As of Novem
ber 1st, this furniture will be available for "adoption" here. If you also have a love of the little, check out the truly amazing dollhouse food for sale at Suskita, a shop based in Finland.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
As Seen on DelightfulBlogs.com