Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Modest Photographer


Let’s face it: I’m the girl of a thousand hobbies. I think it all started at an early age when I got into cross-stitch (I could stitch a mean teddy bear, I tell you…) From there I moved to collecting rocks, painting rocks, paint by number, collecting bird’s eggs from their nests and then trying to hatch them on a heating pad turned up on high (this particular hobby I’m not all that proud of.) Even at six or seven I was interested in the vintage photographs my grandmother kept in a drawer in the den of her house in Phoenix. This later turned into collecting vintage décor and housewares and wearing vintage clothing.

Besides running three shops on etsy I also write fiction (mainly short stories, though I would like to take a stab at a novel), sing in a duo with an acoustic guitar, make jewelry (and am interested in learning more about metal smithing) and, of course, also am an avid photographer. Although I don’t really like the word “hobby” I guess that is what they all are, though I do pour my heart into all of them.

Jasper, on the other hand, has only one hobby: Photography. I love his photographs. They are more cool and aesthetic then mine, but really create a mood. But he’s very modest. He doesn’t think he’s good at anything other than taking portraits of the children.

In defense of his work, I am posting some of his photographs (the ones seen here) in my photography shop, Augenblickphoto. Most likely they will sell as well as my own photographs, i.e. not at all, but it will be swell to have them all together. I’m also planning on making jewelry with our photographs similar to the ones I made with vintage photographs at Curious Knopf. But who knows. Maybe I’ll wait until I’ve thrown myself into metal smithing. ;)



3 comments:

petoskystone said...

photos are one area i'm not good in! so i admire those who can...& your husbands' pics are lovely.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

They are beautiful photos!

Schaufensterbabe said...

Thanks ladies!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
As Seen on DelightfulBlogs.com