Sunday, February 8, 2009

In the public domain, baby!

I love looking for public domain photographs. For those of you who don't know what that means, it means work that is not under copyright so you can do whatever the heck you want with it. A lot of really famous photographs from Dorothea Lange and others are in the public domain because they were working in the FSA government program.There are also some really beautiful ones by Ansel Adams of Japanese internment camps that I really love.The best place to find them is at the Library of Congress. You can also order prints from there that are supposedly good quality and don't cost very much. A while ago I took some of the images and added text to them, among other things. I'm sure I'll more images again sometime. The possibilities for ideas and inspiration are endless when you have such great material.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
As Seen on DelightfulBlogs.com