Monday, March 16, 2009

Vintage Wonderland

So I went on a huge Melitta collecting kick around five years ago. Melitta a German coffee wares company that has been around since the 1930s. Thanks to legions of meticulous German grandmas, you can still find a lot of old pieces here in mint condition. I scoured the flea markets and ebay for great pieces in unusual colors.

I still love the pieces I have, but I find I don't use t
hem. For our wedding, my husband got a great full set of Hutschenreuter Apart from the 1960s. I have a rare light pink Melitta coffee filter from the 1950s, but these days I really drink espresso. On a whim, I decided to put them up for sale in my shop Schaufenster. Now all there is to do is wait and see what happens...




1 comment:

Nancy said...

Beautiful, I love the colors!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
As Seen on DelightfulBlogs.com